Financial Assistance Philosophy & Policy Statement
The Middlebury Ski Club is organized for the purpose of promoting skiing, supporting young skiers and ski racers as well as promoting social interaction among children and adults in a healthy, physical environment. The Financial Aid Program was established to ensure that the many costs involved with winter sports would not be a limiting factor to an athlete’s continued participation in the sport.
The Financial Aid Program is administered by the Program Director and the three Board Members on the membership committee. There is a high level of confidentiality surrounding the scholarship process and we fully respect your privacy. We understand that it can be difficult to provide financial information but please know that this information is an essential part of the process and will be kept strictly confidential.
- Financial Assistance Awards are confidential and final.
- Limited funds are available.
- All program participants must pay a portion of their fees.
- Families receiving financial assistance are required to complete the volunteer commitments of the program.
Applications will be reviewed based on the following, equally important criteria:
- Commitment to the MSC Program
- Citizenship, Leadership, and Sportsmanship
It is important to fill out the application as accurately as possible. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Completed Financial Statement – use the form at this link: Financial Assistance Application
- Application Narrative – information on the financial situation and season goals.
Incomplete applications will be rejected.
The Middlebury Ski Club
The mission of the Middlebury Ski Club is to promote alpine skiing and to support the development of ski racers of all ages and abilities.
The Middlebury Ski Club is a non-profit organization based in Middlebury, Vermont, USA.