MIDDLEBURY SKI CLUB ALPINE PROGRAM:
NON-COMPETITIVE PROGRAM FOR AGES 6 AND UP
The Alpine program is for driven intermediate and advanced skiers ages 6 and up who are not sure if competitive racing is for them - but want to ski a lot, have fun and perhaps test the waters of ski racing. The program features a team environment, with tons of mileage, skill-building, and an appropriate mix of gate training and free skiing with coaches. During the winter, Alpine Program skiers will have opportunities to race at the Snow Bowl as determined by age and interest.
Prerequisites for participation in the Alpine Program include:
- The ability to ski any terrain at the Snow Bowl
- Athletes must be able to ride the lift on their own
- Athletes must be able to act independent during lunch and inside breaks
Alpine Program skiers are expected to handle their own equipment, clothing, and eating needs. Coaches are always available to help, but athletes need to be self-advocates.
The MSC Athlete Membership fee includes participation in dry-land sessions in the fall and on snow participation.
Members of the Middlebury Ski Club Alpine Program will be grouped by USSA age groups. This will ensure proper coaching and age specific skill development to ensure a safe and fun skiing environment. Who doesn’t love to ski with friends?!
Late Arrival Policy: Parents of children arriving to the Snow Bowl after the designated start time are responsible for locating their children's group on the mountain so they can officially join the group and ski with their specific coach. Under no circumstances will the Middlebury Ski Club be responsible for participants who arrive late and ski on their own, whether they are trying to find their group or not. Late arrivals may not be left in the lodge with another Club coach with the expectation that the participant will be connected with his/her group. If there is any question, the participant will be asked to wait in the lodge to catch up with their group when they come in for a break or at lunch time. The easiest way to avoid this situation is to arrive on time and with enough time to put on equipment!
2021-22 Alpine Program: $210 before Nov. 15th / $260 after Nov. 15th
MSC Family Membership: $100 per household
Licenses: A USSA Alpine Club Participant license is required.
- For athletes that do not intend to participate in US Ski and Snowboard races, a $30 US Ski and Snowboard General Membership is sufficient
- Athletes intending to participate in US Ski and Snowboard races will require a US Ski and Snowboard Competitor membership as well as a Vermont Alpine Racing Association (https://www.vara.org/join-vara.php) license. The pricing for the USSA and VARA competition licenses are age dependent.
Season Pass: A season pass at the Middlebury College Snow Bowl is required. This year the Middlebury College Snow Bowl is offering a couple exciting new deals to help families with young children and to encourage more community use of the mountain:
- Each Adult and Alumni season pass includes (at time of purchase only) up to two season passes for children who are 12 years old or less as of 11/1/21
- Each Adult and Alumni season pass will also include a punch pass good for five full day visits. The “SNOW Share” punch pass is fully transferrable.
Volunteer Days: Alpine Program families must volunteer for 1 Volunteer Work Day during the season. Volunteering is what keeps our coaching and program fees low and we believe that parent involvement creates a stronger club. Most of the volunteer opportunities coincide with race days, but occasionally there are non-race related volunteer days. If you are unwilling to volunteer, you may opt-out of the volunteer commitment for a $50 fee. If weekend volunteering or the opt-out charge is a hardship for your family, please speak with us about other ways to help the club throughout the season.
The Middlebury Ski Club
The mission of the Middlebury Ski Club is to promote alpine skiing and to support the development of ski racers of all ages and abilities.
The Middlebury Ski Club is a non-profit organization based in Middlebury, Vermont, USA.