This is a new six-week program that the Middlebury Ski Club is very excited to unveil this February and March. The small, pilot program will run every Saturday between February 17th and March 23rd from 9:00am-2:30pm.
Since this is a first-year program, enrollment will be limited to just ten (10) riders. If there is great interest in this pilot program, we will look to expand it further next season.
This program will focus on developing all-mountain riding skills and introduction of race gates to develop edge control and perhaps spark some interest in SL, GS or boardercross racing.
Prerequisites for participation in the MSC Snowboard Program include:
- Athletes should be of intermediate to advanced skill level.
- The ability to ride expert terrain independently (at the Snowbowl this would include the Allen and Cameron).
- Athletes should be able to: One-foot kick/glide (such as in lift-line), slide slip on both toe and heal edges, ride on flat surfaces, traverse across a slope on one edge.
- Athletes must be able to ride the lift on their own without assistance.
- Athletes must be able to act independently during lunch and inside breaks.
- Athletes must be able to manage their own equipment and clothing needs. (Coaches are available to help, but athletes must be self-advocates).
2023-24 Program: $250
Saturdays between February 17-March 23, 2024 from 9:00am-2:30pm.
The following membership is required:
Registration Open: December 6th - February 1st (or when enrollment limit of 10 is reached) Registrer Here (beginning Dec. 6)
Questions Should Be Directed to:
Sean Grzyb at email@example.com.
Please note that all snowboarders need proper equipment to participate.
Middlebury Snowbowl Season Pass:
The Middlebury College Snowbowl has special pass options to support community access to the mountain:
- Each adult and alumni season pass includes (at time of purchase only) up to two season passes for children who are 12 years old or less as of 11/1/23.
- Each adult and alumni season pass will also include a punch pass good for five full day visits. The “SNOW Share” punch pass is fully transferrable.